4.10.07

#41 9405

coming home from fsu today (on the rain bike), my friend and i were apparently going a little too slow for a certain bus driver's taste.

we were in a two lane, two-way street with a double yellow line, riding single file on our way to an intersection. the driver passes us on the left, in the other lane. not really a big deal. i get passed alot (see the last post, right?) but this is different.

it's one thing to pass a brother, but another to merge back into your lane before you finished passing.

so the best part of all this is:

1) she was in a hurry to get to a fresh redlight. i'm just saying. it's stupid.

2) when i pulled up beside her at said red light to ask her what the deal was, she ignored me.

wouldn't look at me.

i even opened her little slide window on the driver's side and said "you know you almost hit me and my friend, right? right?"

she looked at me, and shut her window.


so. i took her number, noted the time and called her in to star metro.

they're supposed to call me back about it.

oh, by the way, if you ever have to call someone in like that, you don't have to tell them you were on a bike. you're a vehicle (well. as long as you're acting like a vehicle and not like an idiot.) and you should be treated accordingly. and supervisors of bus lines take it more serious if all they hear is "your bus illegally passed my vehicle and endangered my life."

words for the wise:


get it together and see what's happening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any cars or buses acting recklessly should be turned in to the TPD.

(BTW--When they violate the 3 foot law, they are threatening your safety.)

If you call their number, tell them what, where, when and have the license plate #, they will log it, and send the business/person a letter and a "bike laws" booklet.

I recommend: carry pepper-spray
or pay the $300 for a concealed carry permit, and protect yourself as well as you legally can.